Sunday, September 23, 2007

Final Words on the African Experience

This trip has taken me on a journey which has allowed me to tap into emotions on a new level. The joy and happiness I've experienced during my stay at Salabwek is a different, and more satisfying feeling than anything I've ever felt. I truly understand the power of a smile after receiving countless numbers of genuine smiles from the community.

My eyes that I have struggled to capture truth with in the past, have now seen true beauty in the African landscapes as well as in each child's face; true gratefulness in each welcome received from the community; true love shared between my group as visitors and each community member as we worked alongside in partnership toward the same goal.

I have been extremely humbled by my experience in Kenya, and I would encourage everyone to take risks like I did, to explore your world, experience it, and share it with others.

Peace n' Love,
- Falon

No comments: